21. July 2010 21:24
It's that time again - time to check out the latest version of WebSync! In 3.1, we've got a bunch of new stuff, and a number of other fixes too:
- Full support for the .NET Compact Framework, version 2.0+ (woohoo!)
- Updated the core serialization so it can handle incorrect but salvageable JSON inputs
- Updated the StatelessProvider API to take a ClientRecord parameter for ConnectClient method implementations for future compatibility
- Added a new static method for deserializing incoming message and publications directly from a raw HTTP request (so you can pre-process them if you need)
- Added a few minor performance improvements
- [.NET] Added a new "OnRequestCreated" event for the .NET client and publisher to allow full control of the web request before it's delivered
- [.NET] Fixed a bug in the .NET client where the subscription reference would get held after the channel was unsubscribed
- [All] Fixed a bug in the server that allowed a client that had been disconnected to publish
For those of you using WebSync On-Demand, your new URL is: http://sync3.frozenmountain.com/client.js?v=3.1.0
For those of you using WebSync Server, check out our downloads page. If you've already purchased and want the latest, log in to the Portal and check out your "Order History" tab.
Thanks everyone for your feedback, and enjoy!