High Volume Non-Streaming Data Transfer
for Signaling, Chat, Whiteboards and Data Synchronization
High-Volume iRTC for Non-Streaming Applications
WebSync is a high-performance, high-volume pub/sub .NET server that makes it easy to add non-streaming real-time functionality such as text chat, signaling/connection management (as required for IceLink), diagnostic data transfer and server-side content pushing to your applications.
The WebSync Solution
The aspect-oriented WebSync server SDK provides a comprehensive set of events that can be used to wire in custom functionality like authorization and traffic review/modification. The WebSync server can be run on Windows or Linux using .NET and Mono.
In addition to being designed for the Microsoft stack and being very simple to use and integrate, WebSync has incredible performance characteristics and supports server clustering and cross-instance load balancing.
As a benchmark, a mid-sized server can sustain up to 10,000 concurrent clients with up to 100,000 messages being delivered per second. Now those are numbers you can work with!
Combining WebSync with IceLink
WebSync and IceLink together provide the complete solution for two-way data streaming.
IceLink is designed to handle high-volume data streaming such as audio/video and file transfer, whereas WebSync is designed to handle text-based messages.
WebSync and IceLink are often used together, and when they are, they provide a powerful peer-to-peer audio/video solution. WebSync provides the connection management (signaling) over HTTP/WebSockets, and IceLink provides the peer-to-peer audio/video encoding, encryption, and data streaming.
WebSync and LiveSwitch
WebSync powers the real-time communication within LiveSwitch for signalling and text messaging among its various components - the gateway, media server, clients, and third-party signalling connectors such as SIP.
WebSync is used worldwide by Fortune 500 companies as well as US Fortune 100 companies. These companies have used WebSync for many diverse applications, including:
- As an engine for real-time text chat pushing changes made by one client to many other clients.
- As an engine to push out real-time bids on live auction sites without users have to re-submit in their browsers.
- As an engine to push out real-time stock quotes pushing changes from a server to any other client that is logged in.
- As an engine for real-time whiteboards, pushing changes made on one whiteboard to everyone else's whiteboard.
- As a signaling engine with IceLink to provide a complete audio/video conferencing experience (iRTC).
Prefer to have us run the WebSync server while you incorporate the WebSync clients into your application? WebSync Cloud has been running for years with well over 99.9% uptime.
For more information on WebSync and WebSync Cloud pricing, click here.
High Performance Server Based
Communication That Plays Nice With Every Client
- Deliver tens of thousands of updates per second with every instance of WebSync.
- WebSync runs on IIS with .NET, Apache with Mono, or as an embedded server.
- WebSync just works; no complicated setup procedures.
- WebSockets are available for all client platforms when using IIS 8+.
Broad Platform Support